Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY) is an autonomous organization under the Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. It is a focal Institute for planning, training, promotion and coordination of Yoga Education, Training, Therapy and Research in all its aspects.
As a dedicated National Institute for the propagation and promotion of Yoga, MDNIY has launched a scheme for District Yoga Wellness Centre (DYWC) under Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode under which at least one NGO will be financially as well as technically assisted in each district of the country in phases during the 11th Five Year Plan.
- To increase mass awareness about the health benefits of Yoga
- To impart training facility on standard Yoga practices for physical, mental and spiritual well being of the
- To create a network of Yoga Training Institutes/ Centers for propagation and promotion of Yoga.
- To co-ordinate Yoga in School Health Programme of MDNIY with the help of teachers trained in each district under School Health Programme by leading Yoga Institutes
Eligibility criteria of NGOs
- Shall be registered under Societies Registration Act, 1860 or as a Trust. «Should have been engaged in Yoga training / health promotion activities at least for last three years.
- Should have minimum basic infrastructure facilities for Yoga training and should have expertise in
organizing health awareness programmes.
- NGO will be required to apply to the Director, MDNIY, along with the recommendations from: «The District Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/ District Magistrate of the concerned District. «The Nodal Yoga Institute (NYI) for the concerned state as identified by MDNIY.
Download detailed PDF document from here: