Foundation Course in Yoga
FOUNDATION COURSE IN YOGA AND TRADITIONAL TEXTS (FCYTT)
NEXT INTAKE – December 1st, 2018
• To acquaint students with historic and traditional roots of Yoga, as well as, its philosophy and applications, as drawn from Traditional yogic texts.
• To give a proper exposure of Darshanika (Yogic philosophy related) aspect of Yoga to the students through Upanishadas and authoritative yogic texts.
• To equip students with traditional understanding of yoga practices from different schools of yoga in general and from Hatha yogic and Patanjala yoga schools in particular.
Course Date: 1st – 21st December
Note: Last date of receiving application is 10th November. Rs. 500/- will be the late fee until 20th November and Rs. 1000/- after November 20.
- Qualification: Graduate/ Diploma / Certificate holders in Yoga / Naturopathy/ Physical education.
- Age: No age bar for the course.
- Medical Test: Candidate should be medically fit and sound. Selection is subject to clearing the medical examination conducted by the Institute.
For Indian Students:
Tuition and others – Rs. 22,500/-
Boarding & Lodging – Rs. 4,500/-
Total – Rs. 27,000/-
For International Students:
Tuition and others – USD 425
Boarding & Lodging – USD 375
Total – USD 800
Credits: Theory lectures 45 Credits 2.25 Practical Yoga 45 Credits 2.25Selection Methods: Selection is based on Merit-cum-timely Registration.
Unit 1. Schools of Yoga & concept of Asana, Pranayama / Kumbhaka, Bandhas Mudras, Nadanusandhana & Dhyana in Hathayoga
Unit 2. Perspective, definition with explanations from both Hatha yogic texts & Patanjala Yoga Sutra
Unit 3. Yogic Anatomy and Physiology
Unit 4. Practical YogaGet detailed information Register Online
ASSIGNMENT Internal assessment : Attendance in Theory and Practicals. Assignment in the form of practicum, seminar and project work. Personal experiences pertaining to yoga practices In the capacity of a yoga practitioner.