Nidra Yoga Teacher Training Retreat
by Andre Riehl
1st - 30th December, 2020
Nidrâ Yoga (yoga of dream and conscious sleep) is rooted in the traditions of Kashmir Shaivism and Vedanta, both dating back several thousand years. It presents the organization of the human being through five layers (koshas) to discover, explore, and intimately understand how to establish oneself in a state of consciousness where there exists no trace of separation, conflict, or suffering.
Nidrâ Yoga is a practice towards complete lucidity, a journey from oblivion to self-presence. It is a gradual approach to awareness and to the sensation of being completely alive. Very paradoxically, this awareness can only be perceived in a deep state of surrendering.
Nidrâ Yoga sadhana consists of a range of highly codified exercises into each and every function that organizes the human being. It relies on two fundamental practices: deep conscious relaxation and penetrating concentration. When both are operating together intensively, a spontaneous state of meditation arises, unveiling the mysteries of consciousness.
The three dimensions of surrendering in the depths of relaxation
The three intensities of progressively sustained concentration
(Energy Awakening Breathing)
Awakening to the energetic dimension and non-conceptual perception
(Exploration into the Self)
Inquiry into the degrees of personal and interpersonal consciousness
Easy daily asana practice
for physical wellbeing
Topics to be covered
3 Granthis & 9 Pratipatti
The 3 granthis (energy nodes) traditionally called Shiva, Vishnu, and Brahma granthi can be understood as seats of reflection, affection, and vitality. The 9 pratipatti (resources) are qualities to be balanced for full use of our potentialities.
These practices are the basis upon which deeper exploration of nidrâ yoga is possible.
The pranamaya kosha is the subtle or energetic body consisting of nadis (channels) and chakras (vortices).
The practice is to explore and enhance the different qualities of energy through symbolic images, vibrating sounds from the Sanskrit alphabet, and shapes and colors.
The 5 indriyas are the 5 sense organs and their functioning, which link the internal and external world.
The practice is to relax the physical sense organs (nose, tongue, eyes, skin, ears), enhance the processes of perception (smell, taste, sight, touch, hearing), and cleanse the psychological memories stored in the brain.
Yama yoga is the relationship to death and the deathing process. It is considered a mandatory passage for accessing the deepest realities of consciousness.
The practice is to differentiate between death as an event and deathing as a process. It includes exercises on the mahabhutas (elements) and their dissolution before death, as well as the relationship to the family lineage (horizontal) and spiritual lineage (vertical).
The Teaching Team
Yogi Sri Bashkar Nath (Andre Riehl)
Workshop Teaching fees
Very Early Bird: before Mar 1, 2020 €1000 (deposit €500*)
Early Bird: before May 1, 2020 €1250 (deposit €750*)
Regular Price: before Oct 1, 2020 €1500 (deposit €1000*)
*remaining €500 to be paid in cash on arrival
Accommodation and meals (Single rooms)
- Standard Room with community bath – Rs. 44,000/-
- Standard Room with attached bath – Rs. 63,800/-
- Executive Room (Non-AC) – Rs. 70,000/-
- Deluxe Room – Rs. 1,15,500/-
Accommodation and meals (Twin-sharing rooms)
- Standard Room with community bath – Rs. 36,300/- per person
- Standard Room with attached bath – Rs. 46,800/- per person
- Executive Room (Non-AC) – Rs. 50,000/- per person
- Deluxe Room – Rs. 74,000/- per person
- Single room
- Organic Indian food (3 vegetarian meals per day)
- Herbal tea
- Afternoon fruit
Naturopathy & Ayurveda treatments also available on site for an extra cost
Please email your room preference to our booking desk – [email protected]
Our team will email you bank details for wire transfer or a payment link to pay with credit card.
Students will receive a Nidra Yoga Certificate** at the end of the month (300hrs).
**Retreat recognized by the Fédération des Yogas Traditionnels (European Union of Yoga), the India Yoga Association, the Yoga Confederation of India, and Yoga Alliance.
Email for enquiries – [email protected]
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Very early Bird: no refund in any case
- Early Bird: Cancellations before June 1st , 2020 will be reimbursed 75% of the advance payment
After June 1st , 2020 there is no refund, but you may send a friend in your place.
- Regular Price: Cancellations before September 1st , 2020 will be reimbursed 50% of the advance payment
After September 1st , 2020 there is no refund but you may send a friend in your place.
- Once started, the training retreat cannot be reimbursed if students leave before the end of the program.
- Cancellation application before 7 days – refund of 75% of the amount paid.
- Cancellation application less than 7 days – no refund.
- Please email cancellation requests to [email protected] Verbal cancellation requests are not accepted.