Hatha Yoga Workshop
by Dr. N. Ganesh Rao
24th to 29th July 2023
(Check-in: 23rd July
Check-out: 30th July)
Features Of The Workshop
Learn The Differences Between Hatha Yoga And Patanjali Yoga
The basic text of Yoga Philosophy (Darsana) is Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras but interestingly, this text does not mention any name of any of the practices of Yoga like shuddhi kriyas or asanas or pranayama or mudras or bandhas. These practices of Yoga, which are popular in the world today, and with which Yoga is identified, are all originating from Hatha Yoga. The practices of almost all contemporary schools of Yoga are rooted in Hatha Yoga. Hence, it it is important to know the difference.
Learn About The Therapeutic Effects Of Yoga
Though Yoga is essentially a preventive discipline and a lifestyle prescription, people today take to Yoga mostly because of the therapeutic efficacy of its practices. These therapeutic effects of the practices find mention in Hatha Yoga texts. Hence, it is essential to understand these Texts.
Feel The Healing Effects Of Yoga
The popularity of Yoga is increasing. The meaning and purpose, the original intent and content, and the very essence of Yoga may get disfigured and distorted. In a way, this leads to Yoga being exaggeratedly being prescribed as a panacea for ‘all’ the ills of human life – personal and social, physical and mental – for all age groups, all genders, all callings and professions. Hence, it is necessary to set right our perspective about Yoga.
Be Familiar With Five Different Hatha Yoga Texts
- Hatha Pradipika
- Gheranda Samhita
- Shiva Samhita
- Hatha Ratnawali
- Yoga Yajnavalkya
|Date: 24th to 29th July 2023|
|7.00 am to 8.30 am||Practices|
|9.00 am to 10.00 am||Breakfast|
|10.00 am to 11.30 am||Lecture|
|12.00 noon to 1.00 pm||Lunch|
|2.00 pm to 2.30 pm||Yoga nidra/Relaxation|
|3.00 pm to 4.30 pm||Lecture|
|6.00 pm to 7.30 pm||Practices, Open session – Question and Answer/discussion|
About the Facilitator
Dr. N. Ganesh Rao
Chief Advisor – Academics and Training,
(Founder: ACT Yoga)
- M. Com.; D.M.S.; M.A. (Philosophy) – Rank Holder; Ph. D. (Philosophy) (Mumbai University)
- D. N. (Diploma in Naturopathy); D. Y. Ed. (Diploma in Yoga Education);
- M.Y.S.C. (Madhyama Yoga Siksha Certificate);
- Specialist Instructor in First-aid and Home Nursing
Dr. Rao is a highly acclaimed and inspiring name (one of the 100 most inspiring Yoga Teachers in India! Ref: Hellomyyoga.com) in the field of Yoga having conducted all over the world till date more than 23000 sessions in Yoga (including all aspects of Yoga – theoretical & practical)
Dr. N. Ganesh Rao
Dr. Rao has authored and co-edited several books besides publishing innumerable Articles in Newspapers / Journals and has recorded CDs for Yoga Nidra and Panchakosha Dharana, Yogic Counseling, Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and Samkhya Philosophy.
- Professor & Ph. D. Guide in Yoga & Philosophy (8 students have received Ph.D. under Dr. Rao) in KKKSU & Mumbai University.
- “Chief Advisor – Academics & Training” for Kaivalyadhama Yoga Institute.
- Director of IYA – Standing Academic and Accreditation Committee.
- Technical Expert for Yoga Certification Board (YCB).
- Ex-Secretary of Certification Committee and Technical Expert (Yoga) with QCI (for all matters pertaining to Yoga and Yoga Audit of Pr. CBs and Yoga Schools).
- Ex-Member of Selection Panel with ICCR (Indian Council of Cultural Relations).
- Member – Yoga Sub-Group of CII.
- Member of Board of Studies of Kaivalyadhama & Sri Sri University, Bubhaneshwar.
- Visiting Faculty in K. J. Somaiya, Mumbai University, Kaivalyadhama, C.D.M. (College of Defence Management, Secunderabad), M.N.L.U. (Maharashtra National Law University), Yoga alliance (USA), Sri Sri University, Bubhaneshwar and ITM (for Western Philosophy).
- Awardee of Yogaratna Award (2021).
Dr. Rao resigned as Finance Executive from Tata Motors Ltd. after a distinguished service spanning two decades.
- Dr. Rao has excelled as a professional soccer player for more than 17 years at the National level. He has represented Maharashtra State Football Team in National Championships for six years and was part of the National Camp for Selection of Indian Team for Asian Games, 1982.
- Was honored by Tata Sports Club with the Special Award for Contribution to the Cause of Sports for the year 2003-04.
- Has coached Maharashtra State Teams, Mumbai University Teams, Maharashtra State Police Football Team, Mumbai Port Trust Football Team and others.
- As Chief Football Coach of PDP Sports Complex, Mumbai for 20 years (1991 – 2010), he has coached / trained more than 5000 players of all age groups!
Dr. Rao continues to be a regular high-altitude trekker in the Himalayas since past 25 years.
Regarding Registration and Booking –
For registration, the participants need to book a room first then the booking reference code to be shared at email@example.com to reserve their spot for the workshop. The workshop fee to be paid on arrival.
Note: The fresh dates will be announced soon.
Please visit the link here for Room Tariffs
Rs. 12,000 per person
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Accommodation and meals
- Cancellation application before 7 days – refund of 75% of the amount paid.
- Cancellation application less than 7 days – no refund.
- Please email cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Verbal cancellation requests are not accepted.