Naturopathy & Yoga is Simply a Way of Living Life
After a few centuries of craze for conventional therapies, the world is now embracing traditional healing practices again. Naturopathy has become the treatment synonymous with ‘Harmless Healing Through The Powers Of Nature’. Natural healing has its roots in the fact that ‘our body possesses the innate power to heal itself’. Naturopathy treatment is a combination of traditional therapies, herbal remedies and healthy habits.
With the help of the best natural therapies, one can reach the highest level of physical, mental, psychological and spiritual wellness. At a futuristic Yoga & Naturopathy centre like kaivalyadhama, you can avail best Naturopathy therapy program, carefully designed and implemented to address the root cause of any disorder.
Stay at KDHAM and Experience the Aura of Naturopathy & Yoga Again
Kdham is a unique Naturopathy & Wellness Centre, practicing the art and science of natural healing. Kdham applies best wellness and Naturopathy solutions in their purest and most feasible form. It is a holistic wellness centre offering specialized therapies like Naturopathy modalities, Hydrotherapy, Mud therapy, Diet therapy & Acupuncture. Come and align yourself to a naturopathic way of life at Kdham.
KDHAM doctors prescribe treatments to their Participants after a thorough assessment of their medical conditions. The treatment protocol will include planned diet for an individual, Yoga therapy according to health conditions, and lifestyle modification guidelines before discharge. The approach is holistic and aims at complete healing, and teaches how to prevent recurrence and maintain good health throughout life.
Naturopathy Package – Rs. 6000/- per week
The term ‘naturopathy’ is derived partly from a Latin word, ‘natura’, and partly from a Greek word, ‘pathos’, suggesting natural healing for all sufferings. The treatment of any health disorder in this system will be with or through nature. No drug is used, being unnatural and manmade. According to naturopathy, when we use any drugs for healing, we actually take our body systems by surprise as the body cannot assimilate it naturally. At times, the side effects are more dangerous than the original disease for which the medicine was prescribed. Naturopathic practice, on the other hand, is based on a faith in the body’s ability to heal itself by the natural, internal healing process of the body. Indian Naturopathy has derived its strength from India’s own medical treatise, Ayurveda, which is more than 5,000 years old. It believes that life is an intrinsic part of an all-pervasive Nature, ruled by 5 Great Elements (Pancha Mahabhuta) –
The Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Space, and human life is a product of this great cosmic design. The key to its survival, therefore, has to be sought in nature itself.
Naturopathy is ‘holistic” in its approach taking the human body as a whole – it treats the root cause of a disease and not the symptoms. Diagnosis and treatments use natural methods that promote the body’s own ability to heal. Naturopaths aim to prevent illness through stress reduction and bringing changes to diet and lifestyle, rejecting the methods of symptomatic treatment of other systems.
Naturopathic Treatments at Kdham Include:
- Hydrotherapy – Hydrotherapy uses the healing potentials of water in the form of a variety of baths, jets, Jacuzzi, wet packs, compresses, immersion baths, body wraps & enema.
- Mud Therapy – Mud is one of the five elements of nature having immense impact on the body in health as well as sickness. The treatments are full body mud bath, various packs, fomentations etc.
- Manipulative Therapy – It includes various therapies like Oil (massage) therapy, Exfoliative (herbal powder) oil therapy, Salt glow therapy, Swedish massage therapy and Aroma therapy etc. for better blood circulation.
- Fasting Therapy – Fasting is the supreme cure in Naturopathy. Kdham provides therapeutic fasting in which specific juices/soups are given as per disease condition. It helps in the elimination of the toxins by giving rest to the digestive system and enhancing the healing properties within our system.
- Reflexology – Reflexology is the application of pressure to areas on the feet or the hands. Reflexology is generally relaxing and may help alleviate stress, Pain relief, nerve stimulation, blood flow, effective for promoting better health and preventing illness.
In naturopathy, the body is taken as a whole, which in its normal state, is ordained to be healthy. It believes that falling ill is not natural and illness, is an outcome of the violation of nature’s law. To regain health, we have to activate our body’s inherent power, and a naturopathic way of life only can activate that innate power, and help the human system remove the toxins which cause illness, from the body.
Acupuncture (5 Sittings/Week)
Full Body Massage (Sesame Oil)
Salt Glow Massage
Mustard Pack (Localized)
L/M with Vibrator
Rice Ganji Turmeric Application
Mud Face Pack I Mud Pack
Herbal Face Pack
Neem Herbal Face Pack
Castor Oil Enema
Hot Foot Arm Bath
Hot Foot Bath
Hot Arm Bath
Under Water Massage
G. H. Pack (Gastro Hepatic)
Castor Oil Pack
Hot & Cold Compress
Oil Compress (Localized)
Full Wet Sheet Pack
Hot Wet Pack (Abd/Chest/T-Pack)
Hot Wet Pack (Leg/Arm/Throat)
Massage can alleviate low-back pain, arthritis, bursitis, fatigue and improve range of motion. Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin. Increase joint flexibility. Lessen depression and anxiety. Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks. Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation. Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress.
Types of Massages:
- Swedish Massage: A Swedish massage is designed to relax the entire body by rubbing the muscles in long, gliding strokes in the direction of blood returning to the heart. It can help increase the level of oxygen in the blood and improve circulation and flexibility.
- Exfoliating Massage: An Exfoliating massage is other type of massage where in the whole body is massaged with the herbal powder which has abrasive contents. A body scrub is a skin care product whose primary function is to remove dead skin cells through exfoliation as well as cleanse the skin.
- Salt Glow massage: A Salt glow, also called a salt scrub, benefits your skin by exfoliating and removing old skin cells, leaving you with hydrated, smooth, more lustrous skin. A basic salt scrub consists of Rock salt and essential or carrier oils blended into a paste-like substance that can be gently massaged over the body.
- Aroma Massage: Aromatherapy massage is used for a variety of different reasons, including relaxation, pain management, improved mood, Stress reducing, Anxiety reliever, Increased calmness and relaxation, decrease in muscle tension, Pain relief, reduced symptoms of depression.
- Partial Massage: Partial massage can help relieve pain and stiffness, improve circulation to reduce swelling, build-up of fluid around the injury, speed up healing of muscle strains and sprains, restore range of motion.
Mud packs exert amazing absorbent & cooling qualities; hence they are widely used for removing toxins from the body. They are also used to reduce intestinal heat and treat digestion problems. Improves the complexion of the skin by getting rid of spots and patches, which appear in various skin disorders. Mud baths are also generally recommended for all skin diseases, including psoriasis, leukoderma and urticaria and other allergic conditions of the skin.
Benefits of Mud Therapy
- Helps improve circulation and relax the muscles
- Improves the digestive activity and sets right the metabolism
- Local application helps relieve inflammations, swellings and reduces pain
- Excellent in skin conditions without open lesions
- Helps bring down blood pressure
- Nourishes the skin
- Conditions the hair
- Specific kind of application relieves the stiffness of joints
It is also known as aquatic exercises and massage in hot water and cold water respectively. Under water hydrotherapy massage using variable force on the muscles and deep-lying tissues layers, reduces muscle spasms and pain. It also strengthens the muscles and joints.
Benefits of Hydro Therapy:
- Helps maintain hydration of the body
- Helps in proper secretion of body fluids and maintenance of Ph.
- Aids digestion and prevents constipation
- Improves skin condition and nourishes it
- Maintains the flexibility of joints
- Helps in detoxification
1. Arm & Foot Bath
- Relieves localized pain and inflammations
- Relieves congestive headaches
- Relieves the spasms of the bronchioles and facilitates easy breathing as in asthma and bronchitis
- Excellent for relieving the numbness and tingling in the extremities as in diabetes mellitus
2. Hip Bath
- Stimulates the circulation towards the pelvic and digestive organs relieves constipation, flatulence and indigestion
- Helps set right the menstrual disorders like dysmenorrhoea, menorrhagia, leucorrhoea
- Helps strengthen the hips and lumbar sacral spine and the coccyx and relieves pain if any
- Beneficial in relieving haemorrhoids
3. Spine Bath / Anti-Stress Bath
- Stimulates the spinal nerves
- Relaxes the paraspinal muscles
- Helps maintain the blood pressure
- Helps in regulating the moods like anxiety or depression
- Relaxes irritable nerves
4. Steam Bath
- Exposing the entire body with the exception of the head to a superheated atmosphere helps in many ways. Steam inhalation helps decongest the respiratory tract
- Medicated ayurvedic or herbal steam helps rejuvenate the body
- Helps open up the skin pores
- Helps remove the toxins of the skin through sweating
- Helps the skin maintain its natural moisture and softness
5. Under water (Jacuzzi) Bath
- Stress relief
- Muscle relaxation
- Improved sleep
- Pain relief
- Better cardiovascular health
- Improved insulin sensitivity
- Calorie burn
6. Body Wraps – There are several body wraps to improved overall circulation of the localized area.
- Good for acne, eczema, psoriasis and other skin disorders
- A natural anti-inflammatory
- Good for rheumatism and arthritic conditions
- Helps break down cellulite by stimulating the circulation and lymphatic system
- Restores and revitalizes the skin for a healthy appearance
- Improves the skin cells metabolism and gently soothes irritation
- Provides firmness and strength and deeply penetrates the tissues to help clear stored toxins
7. Wet Packs – There are several packs like abdomen, knee, trunk, shoulder, ankle and neck packs.
- Relieves inflammation and swellings
- Improves circulation
- Relieves the stiffness and spasms of muscles and joints
8. Compresses – This is the application of water in the form of a pack wrung out in water of different temperatures.
- Helps in detoxification of areas which are swollen, blocked or sensitive
- Excellent for tight sore muscles, oedema, cellulite
- Stimulates the blood and lymph stream
- Gives soothing, refreshing, calming and decongesting qualities
9. Immersion – It is one of the hydrotherapeutic techniques where the body locally or wholly is immersed in water of different temperatures.
- Helps improve the circulation to the part immersed and also the peripheral circulation
- Helps relieve oedema
- Useful in treating skin disorders
- Helps to relieve congestion of the reflex regions thereby relieving symptoms of asthma, migraine, insomnia, etc
10. Enema – The colon is the seat of all toxins in the body. This detoxifying treatment involves a soothing gentle flow of filtered, temperature-controlled water throughout the colon to flush out logged waste and toxins.
- Helps bring about efficient elimination of waste products
- Helps restore tissue and organ function
- Rebalances body chemistry
Acupuncture package – Rs. 1000/- per week
Acupuncture is the treatment of various diseases carried out by inserting very fine needles into the specific points of the body. Insertions take place on the surface of the body through the skin, which, theoretically, have the ability to alter various biochemical and physiological conditions in order to achieve the desired effect.
The Chinese philosophy of health and healing postulates that it is the energy flow within every living being that makes life possible. This energy is known as Qi (Chi) energy. The channels of this energy run in regular patterns throughout the body through various meridians. ACU points are located superficially along meridians that connect all our major organs internally.
Acupuncture theory believes that illness arises when the cyclical flow of “Chi” in the meridians becomes unbalanced or blocked. Acupuncture achieves its curative effect by clearing the obstruction in the flow of “Chi” and balancing the energy flow. Once the energy flow is restored to normal, the person becomes healthy.
According to this theory, inserting fine needles at these points stimulate various sensory receptors that in turn, stimulate nerves that transmit impulses to the hypothalamic – pituitary system at the base of the brain. The hypothalamus – pituitary glands are responsible for releasing neurotransmitters and endorphins, which are the body’s natural pain killing hormones. Endorphins also play a major role in the functioning of the hormonal system, which influences the body’s own internal regulating systems, thereby stimulating the body’s natural healing abilities.
Through the ages, there is ample empirical proof that acupuncture can influences three areas of health care:
- Promotion of health and well being
- Prevention of illness
- Treatment of various medical conditions
Kdham kitchen is particularly geared for nutritional therapy consonant with naturopathy. The basic principle of Naturopathy is that the body contains its own healing power and nature assists in the body’s ability to use the natural world around it for that healing process to be effective. If you do not consume the right kind of food that helps the body in its native ability, and consume items that are unnatural and go against your body’s immunity, you are in fact abusing your body nutritionally.
Eating the least toxic and most natural foods should be the aim. This means:
- Foods that is as close to their natural state as possible.
- Foods that is free of chemical additives and preservatives.
To obtain optimum health and healing through diet and nutrition, our primary intake should ideally include organic whole foods that are as fresh as possible which will ensure maximum nutritional value.
Foods that is typical of a naturopathic diet, and which Kdham advocates include:
- A variety of fresh raw vegetables and fruits (organic and seasonal)
- Steamed and cooked vegetables
- Fresh herbs and spices
- Whole grains (organic)
- Legumes and pulses
- Dairy products include milk, curd and buttermilk
- Beverages which include water, herbal teas, and fresh fruits or vegetable juices
It is not only selecting the right food for optimum health, but the method of cooking too is important in maintaining the nutrients at their highest level in the food. Hence a wide range of cooking methods is used in our kitchen like steaming, sautéing and dry roasting. These preparations are appetizing and also nutritious. KDHAM holds food preparations recipes for patients once a week so that patients can learn and follow the same at their home.
Making a personal commitment to yourself to improve your diet and lifestyle can be a powerful experience. KDHAM draws a broad outline as to what kind of food and the way those should be ideally prepared. It is more a matter of self-imposed discipline and a conscious decision that matter most in the case of one’s own palate. That is the only way you will avoid feeling deprived, and at the same time, will be able to continue the journey towards optimum Health & Bliss.