Yoga Therapy and Counselling
Next date – to be announced.
Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org
A residential intensive workshop for yoga teachers and therapists by Dr. N. Ganesh Rao
June 24 – 29, 2019
For many people, yoga has become (or is becoming) an important part of their life and wellbeing. It is popular in many parts of the world and is practised mostly for its therapeutic value, resolving physical and mental illnesses and bringing peace and quiet.
But yoga is much more than this. It is a holistic healing process which, when guided by well-trained practitioners, teachers and therapists, can transform people’s lives. Hence, there’s a need for such teachers and therapists who have a clear understanding of yoga from a holistic perspective.
The need for Yoga Therapy and Counselling
Today, a large number of physical ailments are considered psychosomatic – i.e. the causes for these ailments are emotional or psychological factors. Understanding and managing these emotional and psychological root causes, therefore, are inseparable from treating the physical ailments. To this end, counselling becomes an integral part of the overall therapy.
Since not all yoga practitioners, teachers or therapists are well-versed in the principles of counselling, we have designed a specific workshop on Yoga Therapy and Counselling which addresses key principles and practices of Yoga and Counselling. This week-long workshop is ideally suited to yoga practitioners who wish to become effective and ‘complete’ yoga teachers and therapists.
This intensive workshop enriches your understanding, practice, teaching and therapy of yoga. Apart from adding value to yoga practitioners, teachers and therapists, the workshop is relevant for anyone who is keen on understanding the human body and the mind, their functioning, and their health. This leads to a clear understanding of the holistic effects of yoga practices and they can bring sheer joy to life.
What will you learn from this workshop?
This intensive Workshop will enrich the understanding, practice, teaching and therapy of Yoga for all students, practitioners, teachers and therapists of Yoga. It is relevant for all those enthusiasts who are interested in understanding the human body and mind, their functioning, and health. Clear understanding of the holistic effects of Yoga practices adds quality and sheer joy to life.
- Understanding and Practice of Kriyas.
- Understanding and Practice of Asanas and their modifications.
- Understanding and Practice of all types of Pranayama.
- Understanding and practice of Meditation, Mantra Chanting and Relaxation techniques.
- What is counselling?
- Concept of Non-professional Counsellor.
- Qualities of a Good Counsellor.
- Pitfalls / Limitations in Counselling.
- Do’s and Don’t’s in Counselling.
- Dimensions of Therapy
- Therapy in Yogic Texts
- Strengths and Short-comings of Yogic Therapy
- Qualities of a Yoga Therapist
- Clear understanding of what actually is stress.
- The Etiology of Stress
- Physical ailments due to Stress
- Prevention of Stress – Yoga is the best anti-dote to Stress at all levels.
- Yogic Vision of Life
- Yogic Values
- Mind according to Yoga
- Mind-control techniques
- Awareness and its significance in Therapy.
The workshop will provide an opportunity for participants to further strengthen their understanding and practices of yoga in the classical / traditional manner.
Open discussions and Question & Answer sessions will be held daily to clarify doubts and reinforce understanding.
Though therapy specifically for some ailments may be considered naturally in the course of the Workshop, it may not be practical to consider one by one all ailments and their respective therapies. But, the workshop will sufficiently empower the participants to handle any ailment, physical or mental.
Workshop Teaching – Rs. 12000
(payable at the time of online registration)
Accommodation (Single rooms with meals included)
- Single Standard room with common bath – Rs. 8000/-
- Single Standard room with attached bath – Rs. 11,600/-
- Single Executive Room (Non-AC)- Rs. 12,800/-
- Single Executive Room (AC)- Rs. 15,000 + tax
- Single Deluxe Room (Non-AC) – Rs. 19,400 + tax
- Single Deluxe Room (AC) – Rs. 21,600 + tax
Accommodation (Double rooms with meals included)
- Double Standard room with common bath – Rs. 13,200/-
- Double Standard room with attached bath – Rs. 17,000/-
- Double Executive Room (Non-AC)- Rs. 18,200/-
- Double Executive Room (AC)- Rs. 20,400 + tax
- Double Deluxe Room (Non-AC) – Rs. 25,400 + tax
- Double Deluxe Room (AC) – Rs. 27,600 + tax
About the Teacher
Dr. N. Ganesh Rao, with a Doctorate in Philosophy, is a Professor and Ph. D. Guide in Yoga and Philosophy and a “dheerga kala & nairantarya” practitioner of Yoga. He has till date conducted more than 17500 sessions of Yoga including all its aspects – kriyas, asanas, pranayama, bandhas & mudras, relaxation techniques, mantra chanting, meditation, etc. Teaching Yoga necessarily involves treating / therapy through Yoga. Based on the vast knowledge and profound personal experiences at his disposal, Dr. Rao has provided immense relief to hundreds of individuals through formal and informal counseling. A Yoga Teacher / Therapist has inevitably to counsel while teaching and treating. Yogic philosophy, its vision and way of life, the innumerable tools for mind control and transcendence available in yogic texts lend themselves for being used in effective counseling. Dr. Rao has presented several Papers and written innumerable articles on topics related to Yoga Therapy as also held several workshops on Yoga Therapy and Counseling. He has conducted workshops for Corporate Executives on “Excellence in life”, “Leadership”, “Actualizing of Potentialities”, “Conflict Resolution”, and such other topics.
Dr. Rao is an Advisor to and Member of Board of Studies of Kaivalyadhama, Technical Expert (Yoga) for QCI, a Member of Board of Studies of Sri Sri University, Bubhaneshwar, a Visiting Faculty in Bharatiya Samskriti Peetham and Buddhist Centre, Somaiya Institute, Mumbai University, Kaivalyadhama (Mumbai and Lonavla), Art of Living, Yoga alliance (USA),….
For further details please visit his website www.ganeshraoyoga.com
Tentative Daily Schedule
7 – 7:30 am: Practice of Kriyas
7.30 – 8.30 am: Practice of Classical Yoga Asanas
10 – 11.30 am: Lecture
2 – 2.30 pm: Yoga Nidra / Relaxation
3 to 4.30 pm: Lecture
6 to 7 pm: Pranayama, Mantra Chanting, Meditation, Q / A
Please use the button above to register. The workshop teaching fees of Rs. 12,000/- is payable on registration.
PLEASE NOTE: Form submissions without payment of course fees will not be accepted.
Check-in – Sunday, June 23rd, 1 to 4 pm
Check-out – Sunday, June 30th, 10 am onwards
- Cancellation application before 7 days – refund after deducting 15% administrative charges of registration fees and 12.5% of room tariff.
- Cancellation application less than 7 days – refund after deducting 15% administrative charges of registration fees and 25% of room tariff.
- No Verbal cancellation to be entertained