Certificate Course in
Chanting of Pātañjalayogasūtras
A unique course by Kaivalyadhama!
Chanting of the Pātañjalayogasūtras is one of the most important aspects in understanding them. Chanting them takes us to the heart and soul of the Sūtras.
This Course will cover all the Sūtras of Yogadarśana (Pātañjali’s Yogasūtras, Pātañjalayogasūtras, Yogasūtras, Yogadarśana, Pātañjali’s Yogadarśana all are synonyms) focusing only on pronouncing them properly and not on their meanings.
We will begin with simple rules of Saṃskṛta pronunciation, which are required for the Sūtra chanting. Pronunciation of Alphabets – Vowels and Consonants of Devanāgarī lipi (script) in which Saṃskṛta is written. The sound production process of Saṃskṛta is very smooth flowing process. It flows like a waterfall or like a river following natural inclination for movement. It is the travel of the prāṇa from in to out. This course will give the knowledge of the Saṃskṛta letters and how to pronounce them.
Outline of the Course
- Basic understanding of Sthāna / place of the sound production of the Saṃskṛta alphabets.
- Practice of ‘Kaṇṭhaḥ’ / Guttural sounds, ‘Tālu’ / Palatal sounds, ‘Mūrdhā’ / Retroflexes, ‘Dantaḥ’ / Dentals, ‘Oṣṭhaḥ’ / Labials, Kaṇṭhatālu / Guttural – Palatal sounds, Kaṇṭhoṣṭham / Guttural – Labial sounds, Dantoṣṭham / Dental – Labial sounds etc.
- Chanting all 195 Sūtras. Sūtra-by-Sūtra. And, each Sūtra will be taken word-by-word. And each word will be broken into its components for better understanding and then all the components will be put together to chant the Sūtra in its original form.
Why this Course?
- This Course is purported to help in reciting the Pātañjalayogasūtras as per the Śāstra (scriptures), thereby leading to their understanding.
- And, to make original Saṃskṛta Sūtras modern-student-friendly without violating the traditional grammatical norms and rules.
- With a view to make it simple and render the Śuddha-pāṭha (the correct text).
Interaction with the Facilitator – Monthly Meetings
The course facilitator Dr. Rajani Pradhan will conduct live interaction with the participants of all PYS courses on every first Monday of the month at 4:30 pm. The participants can clarify their doubts, ask questions, and share experiences. The meeting details will be conveyed to participants. It is Mandatory to attend the Monthly Meetings.
- Dr. Rajani Pradhan is working as Asst. Professor at G. S. College of Yoga and Cultural Synthesis, Kaivalyadhama. She is a Ph. D. Guide for ‘Yogaśāstra’ at Kaivalyadhama, affiliated to Kavi Kulaguru Kalidasa Sanskrit University Ramtek, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India.
- After completing M. A. in Yogaśāstra, she has done her Doctorate in Yogaśāstra from Kavi Kulaguru Kalidasa Sanskrit University Ramtek, Nagpur under the able guidance of Prof. Dr. B. R. Sharma, Dean, Faculty of Health and Wellness, HoD, Dept. of Yogic Science, Sri Sri University, Cuttack. She has cleared NET in January, 2018.
- She is studying Vedānta under the guidance of Swami Advayananda, Head of Chinmaya International Foundation, Velianad, Kerala, learning Saṃskṛta from Dr. Pushpa Dixit and Indian Ancient Music, Dhrupad with Ustad Shree Bahauddin Dagar.
- She is a passionate teacher, and has been teaching Yogaśāstra at various institutes including Swami Vivekananda Yoga Kendra, Navi Mumbai, affiliated to SVYASA Bangaluru; K.J. Somaiya Centre for Buddhist Studies, University of Mumbai; Bharatiya Sanskriti Peetham, K. J. Somaiya; Chinmaya Naada Bindu Gurukula (Chinmaya University) etc.
- She gives her best in whatever she does. She has been trying to spread the knowledge of Yoga with her enthusiastic efforts.
1 year access
Yogasūtra chanting takes time and it’s online. Thus you will have access to the content for 1 year. If after 1 year you still need access then write to us and we will extend it for a small fee.
- Pay in USD by
Paypal or card
- Instant Access.
- Pay in Indian
Rupees - card or
- Access given
within 24 hours.
“Online – Certificate Course in Pātañjalayogasūtra Chanting”
“Online – Certificate Course in Sāṅkhyakārikā Chanting”
We have packed both the courses in one for you
Fee: Rs. 17000
Access for 2 years
Fee: Rs. 17000
In 2020 I was honoured to learning to chant the Patanjali Yoga Sutras with Dr. Rajani Pradhan. It was one of the most especial experiences that I had in my life and I keep it in a sacred place.
During four months I had the privilege to study deeply the recitation of the Patanjali Yoga Sutras with Dr. Pradhan and looking back now, I can still feel that all the positive effects of it, still reverberating in my life.
Dr. Rajani Pradhan has a voice that touches your heart straight away. Her voice expresses a deep sincerity and the way she teaches, speaks and chants are absolute special. When you learn something from her, you won't forget it. Her teachings goes to a subtle level in your mind and stays there.
I will never be able to express in words my gratitude to Kdham team. The course was fantastic. Everything was perfect, always started on time, the communications were very clear and easy.
Kdham Online Workshops and Courses are just amazing. The team make you feel that you are there, in the room with the teacher, and the kindness and attention to each individual are beyond words. I'm so greatfull to have this online platform to deepen my studies and keep learning even if I'm far away.