Certificate Course in
‘Certificate Course in Sāṅkhyakārikā-Chanting’ is an online Course based on Īśvarakṛṣṇa’s ‘Sāṅkhyakārikās’
Chanting of Sāṅkhyakārikās
This Course will begin with simple rules of Saṃskṛta pronunciation, which are required for the chanting.
Pronunciation of Alphabets – Vowels and Consonants of Devanāgarī lipi (script). This course will give the knowledge of the Saṃskṛta alphabets and how to pronounce them.
You will Learn
- Pronunciation of Alphabets- Vowels and Consonants of Devanāgarī lipi (script). This course will give the knowledge of the Saṃskṛta alphabets and how to pronounce them.
- Basic understanding of Sthāna / place of the sound production of the Saṃskṛta alphabets.
- Practice of ‘Kaṇṭhaḥ’ / Guttural sounds, ‘Tālu’ / Palatal sounds, ‘Mūrdhā’ / Retroflexes, ‘Dantaḥ’ / Dentals, ‘Oṣṭhaḥ’ / Labials, Kaṇṭhatālu / Guttural – Palatal sounds, Kaṇṭhoṣṭham/ Guttural – Labial sounds, Dantoṣṭham / Dental – Labial sounds etc.
- The sound production process of Saṃskṛta is very smooth flowing process. It flows like a waterfall or like a river following natural inclination for movement. It is the travel of the prāṇa from in to out. Moving from the place in the mouth that is farthest back to the one that is most front. The contact of different parts of mouth creates the sounds.
- Chanting all Sāṅkhyakārikās focusing only on pronouncing them properly and not on their meanings.. Kārikā by Kārikā; each Kārikā will be taken word-by-word. And each word will be broken into its components for better understanding and then all the components will be put together to chant the Kārikā in its original form.
- Mantras, Ślokas, Sūtras, Stotras, Kārikā etc. ought to be chanted as they are written by their authors. They are not supposed to be broken. We break the word only for learning it by the component words, but while chanting we chant the word as it is.
Why this Course?
- This Course is purported to help in reciting the Sāṅkhyakārikās as per the Śāstra (scriptures), thereby leading to their understanding.
- And, to make original Saṃskṛta text modern-student-friendly without violating the traditional grammatical norms and rules.
- With a view to make it simple and render the Śuddha-pāṭha (the correct text).
Interaction with the Facilitator
The course facilitator Dr. Rajani Pradhan conducts live interaction with the participants of all course on every first Monday of the month at 4:30 pm. The participants can clarify their doubts, ask questions and share experiences. The meeting details will be conveyed to participants along with the course material.
- Dr. Rajani Pradhan is working as Asst. Professor at G. S. College of Yoga and Cultural Synthesis, Kaivalyadhama. She is a Ph. D. Guide for ‘Yogaśāstra’ at Kaivalyadhama, affiliated to Kavi Kulaguru Kalidasa Sanskrit University Ramtek, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India.
- After completing M. A. in Yogaśāstra, she has done her Doctorate in Yogaśāstra from Kavi Kulaguru Kalidasa Sanskrit University Ramtek, Nagpur under the able guidance of Prof. Dr. B. R. Sharma, Dean, Faculty of Health and Wellness, HoD, Dept. of Yogic Science, Sri Sri University, Cuttack. She has cleared NET in January, 2018.
- She is studying Vedānta under the guidance of Swami Advayananda, Head of Chinmaya International Foundation, Velianad, Kerala, learning Saṃskṛta from Dr. Pushpa Dixit and Indian Ancient Music, Dhrupad with Ustad Shree Bahauddin Dagar.
- She is a passionate teacher, and has been teaching Yogaśāstra at various institutes including Swami Vivekananda Yoga Kendra, Navi Mumbai, affiliated to SVYASA Bangaluru; K.J. Somaiya Centre for Buddhist Studies, University of Mumbai; Bharatiya Sanskriti Peetham, K. J. Somaiya; Chinmaya Naada Bindu Gurukula (Chinmaya University) etc. She gives her best in whatever she does. She has been trying to spread the knowledge of Yoga with her enthusiastic efforts.
1 year access
Sāṅkhyakārikā-Chanting takes time and its online. Thus you will have access to the content for 1 year. If after 1 year you still need access then write to us and we will extend it for a small fee.
- Pay in USD by
Paypal or card
- Instant Access.
- Pay in Indian
Rupees - card or
- Access given
within 24 hours.
“Online – Certificate Course in Pātañjalayogasūtra Chanting”
“Online – Certificate Course in Sāṅkhyakārikā Chanting”
We have packed both the courses in one for you
Access for 2 years
Fee: Rs. 17000