Facilitator – Dr. Rajani Pradhan
The medium of the course: English.
Duration of Course: 4 months, July to October 2020
The course beginning on July 17th, 2020
Total number of sessions: 16 sessions
Day: Every Friday of the month starting from July 17th, 2020.
Time: 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm (Indian time; +5:30 hrs GMT)
Duration of each session: 2 hours with 15-min. break after the first hour.
Why this Course:
- This Course is purported to help in reciting the Pātañjalayogasūtras as per the Śāstra, thereby leading to their understanding.
- And, to make original SaṃskṛtaSūtras modern-student-friendly without violating the traditional grammatical norms and rules
- with a view to making it simple and render the Śuddha–pāṭha (the correct text).
- Understanding and practice of Sthāna / place of the sound production of the Saṃskṛta alphabets.
- Pātañjalayogasūtra Chanting – of all 195 Sūtras. Sūtra-by-Sūtra.
- Chanting of all Sūtras word-by-word.
- Chanting of Pātañjalayogasūtras
- Pronunciation of Alphabets- Vowels and Consonants of Devanāgarīlipi(script)
- This course will cover all the chapters of Pātañjalayogasūtras. We will begin with simple rules of Saṃskṛta pronunciation, which are required for the Sūtra chanting. We will give the knowledge of the Saṃskṛta alphabets and how to pronounce them. We will concentrate only on pronouncing them properly.
- The sound production process of Saṃskṛta is a very smooth flowing process. It flows like a waterfall or like a river following natural inclination for movement. It is the travel of the prāṇa from in to out. Moving from the place in the mouth that is farthest back to the one that is most front. The contact of different parts of the mouth creates the sounds.
Outline of this online course:
- Basic understanding of Sthāna / place of the sound production of the Saṃskṛta
- Practice of ‘Kaṇṭhaḥ’ / Guttural sounds, ‘Tālu’ / Palatal sounds, ‘Mūrdhā’ / Retroflexes, ‘Dantaḥ’ / Dentals, ‘Oṣṭhaḥ’ / Labials, Kaṇṭhatālu / Guttural – Palatal sounds, Kaṇṭhoṣṭham/ Guttural – Labialsounds, Dantoṣṭham / Dental – Labialsounds etc.
- Chanting all 195 Sūtras. Sūtra-by-Sūtra. And, each Sūtra will be taken word-by-word. And each word will be broken into its components for better understanding and then all the components will be put together to chant the Sūtra in its original form.
- Participants will have to write their experiences of chanting of Yogasūtras at the end of each chapter. It can be typed or written with hands and scan and submit.
- Will appear for a viva test online.
- Will appear for an online MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) assessment.
About Facilitator –
- Rajani Pradhan, working as an assistant professor at G. S. College of Yoga and Cultural Synthesis, Kaivalyadhama is a sincere student of Yoga, Vedanta, and Saṃskṛta.
- After completing MA in Yogaśāstra, she has done her Doctorate in Yogaśāstra from Kavi KulaguruKalidasa Sanskrit University Ramtek, Nagpur under the able guidance of Prof. Dr. B. R. Sharma, Dean, Faculty of Health and Wellness, HoD, Dept. of Yogic Science, Sri University, Cuttack.
- She has cleared NET in January 2018.
- She is studying Vedānta under the guidance of Swami Advayananda, Head of Chinmaya International Foundation, Velianad, Kerala, learning Sanskrit from Dr. Pushpa Deekshit and Indian Ancient Music, Dhrupad with Ustad Shree BahauddinDagar.
- She is a passionate teacher, and has been teaching Yogaśāstra at various institutes including Swami Vivekananda Yoga Kendra, Navi Mumbai, affiliated to SVYASA Bangaluru; K.J. Somaiya Centre for Buddhist Studies, University of Mumbai; BharatiyaSanskritiPeetham, K. J. Somaiya; Chinmaya Naada Bindu Gurukula (Chinmaya University) etc.
- She gives her best in whatever she does. She has been trying to spread the knowledge of Yoga with her enthusiastic efforts.
Live interactions and Q & A at the end of the session:
There will be a Q & A, doubt clarification at the end of session. Participants will be able to ask and interact with the faciletator.
Access to recordings:
The recordings will be available to the participants for one month from the time the session is taken. Participants can access these recordings for the revision, for clarity and doubt clarifications.
Study Material will be provided in a digital form by Kdham.
Certification will be given after completion of the course.
Dates: Every Friday of the month.
Please pay and book your spot through the link above. We will send you email instructions with credentials post registration.
Recordings will be provided for a duration of 7 days, post workshop.