Facilitator – Dr. Rajani Pradhan
The medium of the course: English.
Duration of Course: 4 months, September to December 2020
The course beginning on September 23rd, 2020
Total number of sessions: 15 sessions
Day: Every Wednesday of the month starting from September 23rd, 2020.
Time: 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm (Indian time; +5:30 hrs GMT)
Duration of each session: 2 hours with 15-min. break after the first hour.
Fees: Rs. 15,500/-
Why this Course:
- This Course is purported to help in reciting the Pātañjalayogasūtras as per the Śāstra, thereby leading to their understanding.
- And, to make original SaṃskṛtaSūtras modern-student-friendly without violating the traditional grammatical norms and rules
- With a view to making it simple and render the Śuddha–pāṭha (the correct text).
- Understanding and practice of Sthāna / place of the sound production of the Saṃskṛta alphabets.
- Pātañjalayogasūtra Chanting – of all 195 Sūtras. Sūtra-by-Sūtra.
- Chanting of all Sūtras word-by-word.
- Chanting of Pātañjalayogasūtras
- Pronunciation of Alphabets- Vowels and Consonants of Devanāgarīlipi(script)
- This course will cover all the chapters of Pātañjalayogasūtras. We will begin with simple rules of Saṃskṛta pronunciation, which are required for the Sūtra chanting. We will give the knowledge of the Saṃskṛta alphabets and how to pronounce them. We will concentrate only on pronouncing them properly.
- The sound production process of Saṃskṛta is a very smooth flowing process. It flows like a waterfall or like a river following natural inclination for movement. It is the travel of the prāṇa from in to out. Moving from the place in the mouth that is farthest back to the one that is most front. The contact of different parts of the mouth creates the sounds.
Outline of this online course:
- Basic understanding of Sthāna / place of the sound production of the Saṃskṛta
- Practice of ‘Kaṇṭhaḥ’ / Guttural sounds, ‘Tālu’ / Palatal sounds, ‘Mūrdhā’ / Retroflexes, ‘Dantaḥ’ / Dentals, ‘Oṣṭhaḥ’ / Labials, Kaṇṭhatālu / Guttural – Palatal sounds, Kaṇṭhoṣṭham/ Guttural – Labialsounds, Dantoṣṭham / Dental – Labialsounds etc.
- Chanting all 195 Sūtras. Sūtra-by-Sūtra. And, each Sūtra will be taken word-by-word. And each word will be broken into its components for better understanding and then all the components will be put together to chant the Sūtra in its original form.
- Participants will have to write their experiences of chanting of Yogasūtras at the end of each chapter. It can be typed or written with hands and scan and submit.
- Will appear for a viva test online.
- Will appear for an online MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) assessment.
About Facilitator –
- Dr. Rajani Pradhan is working as Asst. Prof. at G. S. College of Yoga and Cultural Synthesis, Kaivalyadhama. She is a Ph. D. Guide for ‘Yogaśāstra’ at Kaivalyadhama, affiliated to Kavi Kulaguru Kalidasa Sanskrit University Ramtek, Nagpur.
- She is a sincere student of Yoga, Vedānta and Saṃskṛta. After completing MA in Yogaśāstra, she has done her Doctorate in Yogaśāstra from Kavi Kulaguru Kalidasa Sanskrit University Ramtek, Nagpur under the able guidance of Prof. Dr. B. R. Sharma; Dean, Faculty of Health and Wellness, HoD, Dept. of Yogic Science, Sri Sri University, Cuttack. She has cleared NET in January, 2018.
- She is studying Vedānta under the guidance of Swami Advayananda, Head of Chinmaya International Foundation, Velianad, Kerala, learning Saṃskṛta from Dr. Pushpa Deekshit and learning Indian Ancient Music, Dhrupad with Ustad Shree Bahauddin Dagar.
- She has been teaching Yogaśāstra at various institutes including Swami Vivekananda Yoga Kendra, Navi Mumbai, affiliated to SVYASA Bangaluru; K. J. Somaiya Centre for Buddhist Studies, University of Mumbai; Bharatiya Sanskriti Peetham, K. J. Somaiya; Chinmaya Naada Bindu Gurukula (Chinmaya University) etc
Live interactions and Q & A at the end of the session:
There will be a Q & A, doubt clarification at the end of session. Participants will be able to ask and interact with the facilitator.
Study Material will be provided in a digital form by Kdham.
Certification will be given after completion of the course.
Please register with the name you would want to have on your certificate.
Dates: Every Wednesday of the month.
You can choose any payment mode from the following-
1. Through the ‘Register Now’ button
2. Through Bank Transfer:
To receive your confirmation mail with the link, you need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
a) Transaction-id –
c) Email-id –
d) Mobile No. –
e) Name of the workshop for which payment is done –
f) Gender –
g) Country –
h) Is this your first online workshop with Kaivalyadham –
Bank details :
Account Name : Kaivalyadhama
Bank Name : State Bank Of India
Branch : Lonavla
Branch Code : 00555
Account Number : 10762401525
IFSC Code : SBIN0000555
Type of Account : Saving
Query for this workshop? Please email us – email@example.com
Access to recordings:
The recordings will be available to the participants for 4 months ( throughout the course) from the next day the session is taken. Participants can access these recordings for the revision, for clarity and doubt clarifications.