Immersion of Âsanas According to Hathapradīpikā Text
(Theory, Concept, and Practical)
II atha āsanam II
haṭhasya prathamāngghatvādāsanaṃ pūrvamuchyate |
kuryāttadāsanaṃ sthairyamāroghyaṃ chānggha-lāghavam || 19 ||
Being the first accessory of Haṭha Yoga, âsana is described first. It should be practiced for gaining steady posture, health and lightness of body. CH 1 – 19.
Hathapradīpikā, हठयोगप्रदीपिका is a classic fifteenth-century text, written by Rishi Svātmārāma in the 15th century. It is among the most influential surviving texts on haṭha yoga.
The Hathapradīpikā consists of 389 verses in four chapters that describe topics including purification (ṣaṭkarma), posture (āsana), breath control (prāṇāyāma), spiritual centers in the body (chakra), kuṇḍalinī, energetic locks (bandha), energy (prāṇa), channels of the (nāḍī), and energetic seals (mudrā).
In these three days of online workshops, we will go through Chapter 1 which is based on Âsanas.
We will approach Hatha yoga traditionally as described in the ancient text the Hathapradipika. Focused based on Asana.
These three days of online workshop attempt a complete immersion into the portion pertaining to chapter 1 ‘Āsanas’.
The first chapter of Haṭhapradīpikā discusses Āsanas extensively.
This workshop will help you to practice and experience the physical teachings of this ancient system of yoga with an emphasis on awareness, breath, and ways in which to bring this practice and philosophy into your daily life.
If you are a beginner, already practicing Yoga, a teacher, or a student do take part in this workshop to learn new things or refresh your memory which will benefit and support you towards your yoga practice and understanding.
Kaivalyadhama presents this specially designed online workshop with its senior faculty Yogacharya Sandhya Dixit; which has been made to deepen and evolve your Asana practice. The Hatha Yoga practice is the physical practice of yoga that uses posture, breath, and cleansing practices to prepare the body for meditation.
This workshop includes the practice and study of a variety of traditional Hatha yoga poses. Hatha yoga includes a variety of nonstrenuous asanas that are held for an extended period of time.
Outline of this Workshop
About the Facilitator:
Yogacharya Sandhya Dixit is one of the senior-most teachers in Kaivalyadhama, Lonavla. She has experience of 39 years in the field of yoga. She has actively conducted workshops and training camps at national and international levels. Her 10 days online workshops series in March 2020 ‘Yoga for senior citizens’ in collaboration with the Ministry of Ayush was applauded and acknowledged by thousands of people. Her Pranayama online workshops have been successful since June 2020. Workshop participants love her style of teaching. She recently is awarded Swami Kuvalayananda Yoga Puraskar 2020 for her dedicated, committed, and extraordinary work in the field of Yoga.
Dates: 26th, 27th & 28th August 2022
Time: 16:30 to 18:40 IST (with 10 minutes pause)
|26th, 27th & 28th August 2022|
Who can Participate:
- This workshop is open to students of all levels: beginner, intermediate, and advanced.
Instructions for Workshop Registration:
- Please be seated in a well-ventilated place during the workshop, especially for comfort during the practice sessions.
- Keep yourself hydrated throughout.
Instructions for Meals before/after the Practice:
- In case you have consumed a heavy meal, kindly practice after a gap of at least 4 hours.
- After snacking moderate foods (solids/liquids), practice after a gap of at least 1 hour.
- A meal can be taken after 30 minutes of practice.
- Recordings for this workshop will be available for 10 days. Please note that in any circumstances the recording viewing duration will not be changed, so kindly view the recording as per the given time frame.
- Please be mindful that recording/s are being shared in good faith to support you in your practices or study.
- Kindly honor its intellectual property rights by not downloading it on your device or forwarding it to any other person.
Certificate of Participation:
- A certification of participation will be provided for this series of workshop.
- Please register with the name you would like to have it on the certificate.
- Kindly note that requests for a change of name will not be entertained after the certificate has been issued.
Zoom app downloaded on your tab, smartphone or PC / Laptop with internet connection.
Following are 3 options; you can choose any one of them to participate in this Workshop
Date and Timings
Dates: 26th, 27th & 28th August 2022
Time: 16:30 to 18:40 (IST)
You may register by paying either Basic/Support/Contribution Fees
Your kind gesture will help us support poor patients, education for needy, gaushala, organic farming, herb plantation and yoga research at Kaivalyadhama.
No refund policy
Please pay and book your spot through the link above. We will send you email instructions with credentials post registration.
Query for this workshop? Please email us – firstname.lastname@example.org