Principles of Yoga and Ayurveda
For Holistic Healing and Wellbeing
Yoga and Ayurveda are interrelated and mutually supportive streams of knowledge. They both come from ancient Indian Vedic wisdom and philosophy.
Yoga techniques include asanas (body poses), pranayama (breathing techniques), and meditation to remove toxins and activate the nervous system for relieving depression. Regulated breathing and focused movements provide deep relaxation to build a soothing, positive mind-body connection.
Based on the principles of the five elements of nature, Ayurveda helps remove toxic effects of present-day lifestyle issues, unhealthy food, harmful medicines, and environmental changes. Ayurveda works on an individual’s unique body composition and balance of elements known as doshas: vata, pitta, kapha. These cause accumulation of body toxins leading to pain and various diseases. Ayurvedic procedures focus on natural changes in diet and lifestyle, along with body cleansing and herbal treatments.
The archaic and scientific systems of Yoga and Ayurveda when combined can effectively achieve long-term recovery, restoration, and transformation. While Ayurveda aims to cleanse and rejuvenate, Yoga promotes sustained physical and emotional health in routine life. Together, the sciences of Yoga and Ayurveda bring about holistic wellbeing for a fulfilling life.
The unique course on Principles of Yoga and Ayurveda, by Kaivalyadhama, one of the oldest pioneering Yoga Institutes in the world, aims to bring learning and awareness of this integrated approach. The program can benefit both yoga students and medical practitioners.
About the Facilitator
Dr. Sharadchandra Bhalekar is an Ayurvedacharya and has done his Masters in Counseling and Psychotherapy. He is the Principal I/C at Gordhandas Seksaria College of Yoga & Cultural Synthesis, Kaivalyadhama, Lonavala. He has authored two books: Pranayama-mudra and Meditation and Anatomy-Physiology of Yoga.
Dr. Bhalekar applies a unique blend of modern and traditional approaches to Yoga in his teachings and writings. He has conducted profligate workshops at several National and International conferences.
Series 1: 19th , 20th and 21st Nov 2021
16.30 to 17.30 (IST)
17.30 to 17.45
17.45 to 18.30
Practical session, followed by Q & A
Who can Attend this Workshop?
- You are welcome to join us if you are interested in the subject matter. No knowledge of subject matter is required.
Instructions for Attending the Workshop:
- Please be seated in a well-ventilated place during the workshop, especially for comfort during the practice sessions.
- Keep yourself hydrated throughout.
Instructions for Meals before/after the Practice:
- In case you have consumed a heavy meal, kindly practice after a gap of at least 30 minutes.
- After snacking moderate foods (solids/liquids), practice after a gap of at least 30 minutes.
- A meal can be taken after 30 minutes of practice.
- Each series recordings will be available till the next series is started (which is around 28 to 30 days) workshop.
- Please be mindful that recording/s are being shared in good faith to support you in your practices or study.
- Kindly honor its intellectual property rights by not downloading it on your device or forwarding it to any other person.
Certificate of Participation:
- A certification of participation will be provided after completion of the series.
- Please register for the workshop with the exact name you would like to receive on your certificate.
- Kindly note that requests for change of name will not be entertained after the certificate has been issued.
Zoom app downloaded on your tab, smartphone or PC / Laptop with internet connection.
8,000 INR is a full payment for all 3 series
3,500 INR per each series
$110 is a full payment for all 3 series
$50 per each series
Date and Timings
Series 1: 19th, 20th, 21st Nov 2021
Series 2: 17th, 18th, 19th Dec 2021
Series 3: 7th, 8th, 9th Jan 2022
Time: 16:30 to 18:30 IST
Payment Option in INR
Payment Option in USD
No refund policy
Please pay and book your spot through the link above. We will send you email instructions with credentials post registration.
Query for this workshop? Please email us – email@example.com