Yoga for Memory and Concentration
(Improvement of Brain Function through Combination of
Yogic Practices and Diet)
Facilitator: Shri. Ravi Dixit
Medium of Communication: English
Day: Saturday and Sunday
Dates: 30th and 31st October 2021
Time: 16:30 to 18:45 (IST) (2.15 hours with 15 minutes break)
Fees: 2100 INR (Basic), 3100 INR (Support)
Medium: Online / E-learning
tatra sthitau yatno ‘bhyâsaï
Practice is the sustained effort to rest in that stillness.
~ Patanjali Yogasutra I.13
One might think that – can yoga really helps to improve memory? How many times have you found yourself struggling to recall some important event and important message which was convey to you? You try to hold your memory that slid away?
People give many justifications for having a poor memory like – we’re busy, overworked, and constantly overwhelmed. We don’t have the mental or emotional energy to remember all the stuff we need to! One of the reasons which play the major role for weak mind is Stress. It is an enemy of Clear Thinking and if allowed to build up can lead to severe focus and memory problems.
- The processes of attention, concentration, and memory are the main factor in learning.
- Yoga is an ancient technique which is claimed to enhance physical and mental well-being.
- Regular and proper yogic practices help solve many problems concerning “Memory and Concentration”.
- There is a simple technique by which positive thinking would be achieved to get clear and stress free mind.
- If a person is able to control the mind, deliberately and scientifically, then he/she can become the master of memory and concentration.
- There are studies which suggest that after practicing yoga there was a significant improvement in attention, concentration, and memory.
- These changes may be due to personality development, higher concentration, and reduction of distraction thoughts (mind wandering) due to proper yoga training.
- As we age memory and concentration diminishes/gets poor. This workshop will be also beneficial for seniors.
- The workshop on Yoga for Memory and Concentration has been design especially by Kaivalyadhama – one of the oldest Yoga Institutes in the world, focuses on learning how to treat your mind, body and emotions with the Yoga practice taught in this workshop.
- Under the guidance of an experienced teacher Mr. Ravi Dixit, the curriculum includes the Yogic theory to understand the state of mind, knowing the method to concentrate your mind with Yoga practices and also learn the proper diet plan which will support concentrating your mind.
- A must workshop for all learners, students and professional, this workshop, offers participants – the improvement of brain function through knowledge of Yogic practices, theory and diet.
- Know the method of Concentration – as a form of ‘ Abhyasa’
- Learn the states of mind and how to operate the Right side of brain
- Chitta Bhoomi Theory
– Pramana: Right Knowledge
– Viparyaya: Incorrect Knowledge
– Vikalpa: Fanciful Knowledge
– Nidra: Yogic Sleep
- Smriti: Memory Forms and also you will learn about supporting diet for concentrating your brain.
- Supporting diet for concentrating your brain.
About the Facilitator:
Shri. Ravi Dixit is the Joint Director of Kaivalyadhama Mumbai with over 40 years’ experience in Yoga and Naturopathy. He has taught across countries like USA, UK, Canada, Indonesia, Singapore and has authored four books on Yoga. He has conducted several programs for the Police force, government, corporates and has been invited to write for leading magazines and journals. His motto is to spread Yogic Joy to people.
Instructions for Attending the Workshop:
- Please be seated in a well-ventilated place during the workshop, especially for comfort during the practice sessions.
- Keep yourself hydrated throughout.
Instructions for Meals Before/After the Practice:
- In case you have consumed a heavy meal, kindly practice after a gap of at least 1 hours.
- After snacking moderate foods (solids/liquids), practice after a gap of at least 30 hour.
- A meal can be taken after 20 minutes of practice.
- Recordings for each Series will be available for 7 days post workshop.
- Please be mindful that recording/s are being shared in good faith to support you in your practices or study.
- Kindly honor its intellectual property rights by not downloading it on your device or forwarding it to any other person.
Certificate of Participation
- A certification of participation will be provided on the request, for that please write to firstname.lastname@example.org after your registration.
- Please register for the workshop with the exact name you would like to receive on your certificate.
- Kindly note that requests for change of name will not be entertained after the certificate has been issued.
Zoom app downloaded on your tab, smartphone or PC / Laptop with internet connection.
Date and Timings
Dates: 30th and 31st October 2021
Time: 16:30 to 18:45 (IST)
You may register by paying either Basic/Support Fees
Your kind gesture will help us support poor patients, education for needy, gaushala, organic farming, herb plantation and yoga research at Kaivalyadhama.
No refund policy
Please pay and book your spot through the link above. We will send you email instructions with credentials post registration.
Query for this workshop? Please email us – email@example.com