Yoga for School Children, Parents and Educators
Facilitator: Dr. Praseeda Menon along with Kaivalyadhama Yoga Teacher
Medium of Communication: English
Duration of Program: 2 day workshop
Day: Saturday and Sunday
Dates: 21st and 22nd August 2021
Time: 16:30 to 18:30 (IST) (2 hour each day with 15 minutes pause)
Fees: 2100 INR (Basic), 3100 INR (Support)
Medium: Online/ E-learning
Nowadays online learning has being ubiquitous, due to the current pandemic, we see school children glued to the screen all the time. Their normal school going routine seems to be disrupted all of a sudden resulting in loss of social connection with their peers and personal interaction with their educators.
This situation has led to undue eye strain, sedentary behaviour, lack of physical activity, general stress and anxiety due to various uncertainties, and social disconnect. This workshop is an attempt to address some of these issues in children, their parents and teachers with the help of yogic activities.
- Yoga is beneficial to children in many ways; as children encounter emotional, social, and physical challenges, a dedicated and intentional yoga practice that includes combination of yogic practices can be incredibly valuable for them.
- Yoga gives strong and steady foundation to the children from young age, and it something children can practice anywhere.
- The practice of Yoga will lead to constant self – discovery and inquisitiveness to the children.
- Yoga promotes physical strength, it refines balance and coordination, it develops focus and concentration, it strengthens the mind – body connection and the list of benefits is endless.
- The workshop for Yoga for school children, parents and educators is designed by Kaivalyadhama – which is one of the oldest Yoga Institutes, aims for unification of the body, mind, and spirit – as one system.
- This 2 day workshop blends together practices and theory for Yoga for school children, parents and educators.
- In this 2 days’ workshop there will be theory sessions, which is aimed mainly at adults, will explain the rationale and develop an understanding of how yoga and yogic activities can be beneficial for children of school going age.
- And the practical sessions, aimed mainly at school children, will cover yogic activities known to be beneficial for eye strain, physical activity, general stress and anxiety, a feeling of inner connection, and developing harmony with solitude.
- Use yoga as a medium to develop important life skills in school children.
- Develop an understanding in parents and teachers of school children of the ‘how and why’ of yoga’s benefits in children.
- Learn to manage in the “new-normal” participating school children will get an opportunity to learn some of the life skills offered by yoga, which are required to manage themselves in the new-normal.
- Parents and educators of school children will get an opportunity to learn how yoga can be helpful for children and why it is important to develop an engaging interest of such life skills in children at an early age.
About the Facilitator:
Dr. Praseeda Menon is an experienced Research Officer at the Scientific Research Department of Kaivalyadhama Yoga Institute, Lonavla. Apart from a Ph. D. in Psychology and a post-graduate Diploma in Yoga & Ayurveda, she has also studied Buddhist Psychology & Ethics. She conducts collaborative scientific research on the efficacy of yoga in holistic health, healing and well-being. Some of her recent research work at Kaivalyadhama deals with the psychological impact of mind-body interventions focusing on the impact of yoga on non-communicable diseases, mindfulness in relation to personality factors, and the efficacy of yogic practices in children with intellectual disabilities. She also teaches yoga and mental health for various courses at the G. S. College of Yoga & Cultural Synthesis, Kaivalyadhama, and is a member of its Board of Studies & Examinations. She is very passionate about unearthing the scientific treasure in Indian traditional knowledge systems through collaborative research and education, and unravelling this timeless knowledge to the world.
Instructions for Attending the Workshop:
- Keep yourself hydrated throughout.
- We strongly recommend that the practical sessions are done in the presence of an adult (either parent or teacher).
- Children 12 years or above are welcome to attend these theory sessions.
- Recordings for each Series will be available for 7 days post workshop.
- Please be mindful that recording/s are being shared in good faith to support you in your practices or study.
- Kindly honor its intellectual property rights by not downloading it on your device or forwarding it to any other person.
Certificate of Participation
- A certification of participation will be provided on the request for that please write to email@example.com after your registration.
- Please register for the workshop with the exact name you would like to receive on your certificate.
- Kindly note that requests for change of name will not be entertained after the certificate has been issued.
Zoom app downloaded on your tab, smartphone or PC / Laptop with internet connection.
Date and Timings
Dates: 21st and 22nd August 2021
Time: 16:30 to 18:30(IST)
You may register by paying either Basic/Support Fees
Your kind gesture will help us support poor patients, education for needy, gaushala, organic farming, herb plantation and yoga research at Kaivalyadhama.
No refund policy
Please pay and book your spot through the link above. We will send you email instructions with credentials post registration.
Query for this workshop? Please email us – firstname.lastname@example.org