Yoga for Sportsperson
You are welcome to attend the free curtain raiser session on 23th May, 5 pm LIVE of Youtube and FB
Facilitator: Shri. Prameet Kotak
Medium of Communication: English
Duration of Each Session: 2.30 hours with 15 minutes pause
Timing: 16:30 to 18:45 (IST)
Day: Saturday and Sunday
Dates: 5th and 6th June 2021
Fees: 2100 INR (Basic), 3100 INR (Support)
Feeling stuck indoors?
Feeling the pressure of performing?
Want to transcend the chaos and tap into your potential?
Do your thoughts and emotions feel like they are interlocked and causing confusion?
Performance, consistency, focus, injuries, disappointments, mental health are some of the challenges that a Sportsperson has to deal with, not daily, but minute by minute!
- Whether you are an elite sports person or recreational Sportsperson, traditional yoga can help you enhance your performance.
- Traditional Yoga is classified/framed into 8 parts so you can either apply it in linear or circular methods, to suit your requirements.
- We have heard the term Samadhi as the state of super consciousness, and we have also heard about the “zone” that Sportsperson refers to, and according to the belief these two states are connected or share similar frequencies.
- The goal for every Sportsperson is to enhance performance or increase the length of time in the zone.
- Traditional Yoga has the tools and practices that you can apply to tour athletic development.
The Yamas and Niyamas are the first two limbs of the eight-limbed path, which is a step-by-step path towards the realization of yoga, as described in the ‘Yoga Sutras of Patanjali’. They are the most concrete places to start, as they relate directly to how you behave outwardly in the world and inwardly toward yourself.
The Yamas and Niyamas will assist the Sportsperson to understand the ethics and regulations for a sustained Sporting career.
The Asana, Pranayama will assist the Sportsperson to prepare the physical body for balance, strength, flexibility, ROM (Range of Motion) and improving breathing patterns thereby improving cardiovascular function and endocrine system.
Pranayama also assist in the hormones of serotonin and melatonin amongst many other hormonal shifts.
The Pratyahara, Dharna, Dhyana will assist the Sportsperson in improving focus, maintaining the zone for an extended time and recovering better post the game/ or an event.
Meditation is known to assist recovery by approx 50%.
- Understand your values, beliefs, needs, and wants as a sportsperson.
- Take back tools to Deliver high performance in pressure/ crunch situations.
- Learn techniques towards meditations for enhancing performance
- Develop a simplified mindset
- Enhance morale and creativity
- Reduce irritation and aggression
- Understand the application of the 8 limbs of Yoga
- Understand Yama and Niyama and its application into your Values, beliefs, needs and wants
- Understand the Yoga techniques and apply Asana, Pranayama
- Understand and apply postural alignment, core activation, diaphragm release techniques
- Understand and apply Pratyahara, Dharana, dhyana and samadhi into your development
About the Facilitator:
Shri. Prameet Kotak is a wellness coach with over 25 years of global experience servicing corporates, sports teams, Sportspersons and leaders. Prameet has and continues to work with elite Sportsperson in Yoga and its enhancement in performance.
He is certified in Yoga teaching from Kaivalyadhama and is also a qualified life coach, yoga and meditation instructor, karateka and energy transference facilitator. Besides coaching and training, he is also a successful business owner who aspires to partner with 100 organisations around the world by the year 2030 that share the values of building healthy and happy individuals and communities.
Shri. Prameet Kotak believes in empowering individuals so they may become their own Bodyguru’s – the masters of their own bodies.
Instructions for Attending the Workshop:
- Please be seated in a well-ventilated place during the workshop, especially for comfort during the practice sessions.
- Keep yourself hydrated throughout.
Instructions for Meals Before/After the Practice:
- In case you have consumed a heavy meal, kindly practice after a gap of at least 4 hours.
- After snacking moderate foods (solids/liquids), practice after a gap of at least 1 hour.
- A meal can be taken after 30 minutes of practice.
- Recordings for this workshop will be available for 7 days post workshop.
- Please be mindful that recording/s are being shared in good faith to support you in your practices or study.
- Kindly honor its intellectual property rights by not downloading it on your device or forwarding it to any other person.
Certificate of Participation:
- A certification of participation will be provided on the request for that please write to email@example.com after your registration.
- Please register for the workshop with the exact name you would like to receive on your certificate.
- Kindly note that requests for change of name will not be entertained after the certificate has been issued.
Zoom app downloaded on your tab, smartphone or PC / Laptop with internet connection.
Dates: 5th and 6th June 2021
Timing: 16:30 to 18:45 (IST)
You may register by paying either Basic/Support Fees
Your kind gesture will help us support poor patients, education for needy, gaushala, organic farming, herb plantation and yoga research at Kaivalyadhama.
No refund policy
Please pay and book your spot through the link above. We will send you email instructions with credentials post registration.
Query for this workshop? Please email us – firstname.lastname@example.org