Taught by Dr. N. Ganesh Rao
September 23 – 28, 2019
Learn about Samkhya, Yoga Philosophies and Psychology
Yoga and Samkhya together are referred to as Indian Psychology. The psychological insights revealed by Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and Samkhya Philosophy are thrilling and par excellence.
This workshop is intended to establish and consolidate the foundation of all yoga enthusiasts (students and teachers) as regards Indian Philosophy. It will also fulfill the aspirations of all others who are sincerely interested in genuinely knowing Indian Philosophy and Psychology.
Indian Philosophy may be considered as the apex / ultimate in human thinking – such is its logical thoroughness and topical comprehensiveness.
- Mantra and its significance
- AUM, its Significance and Chanting.
- Indian Culture & its Salient Features.
- Vedas, Vedangas and Upavedas.
- Main Doctrines of Upanishads
- Astika / Nastika Darsanas in brief.
- The Concept and Uniqueness of “Sutra”
- Common Characteristics of IP (Darsanas)
- Gayatri Mantra & its Significance
- The Concept, Understanding and Practice of Meditation
- Samkhya Darsana (Samkhya Karika)
- Yoga Darsana (Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras).
Practice Sessions - asanas, pranayama and meditation
This workshop will also provide an opportunity for participants to practice every day Asanas, Pranayama and Meditation in the Classical / traditional manner.
Further, open Discussion / Question – Answer session will be held daily to stimulate the grey cells, clarify doubts and strengthen understanding.
All these will be spaced out with proper rest and relaxation and the blissful experience of Yoga Nidra.
Dr. N. Ganesh Rao
Dr. N. Ganesh Rao has to his credit a Doctorate in Philosophy with perpetual inquisitiveness in this subject of philosophy so aptly called as the “Queen of Sciences”. He is a Professor and Ph. D. Guide in Yoga and Philosophy. Having conducted till date more than 18000 sessions in Yoga covering all its aspects, theoretical and practical, there may not be a better example of philosophy serving practice in day to day life.
Dr. Rao is Technical Expert (Yoga) for QCI, an Advisor to and Member of Board of Studies of Kaivalyadhama, a Member of Board of Studies of Sri Sri University, Bubhaneshwar, a Visiting Faculty in Bahratiya Samskriti Peetham and Buddhist Centre, Somaiya Institute, Mumbai University, Kaivalyadhama (Mumbai and Lonavla), Art of Living, Yoga alliance (USA).
Check in – Sunday, September 22nd, 1 pm onwards
Check out – September 29th, 10 am onwards
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Cancellation application before 7 days – refund after deducting 15% administrative charges of registration fees and 12.5% of room tariff.
- Cancellation application less than 7 days – refund after deducting 15% administrative charges of registration fees and 25% of room tariff.
- No Verbal cancellation to be entertained