Wonders Of Pranayama Holistic Practice
An extensive 7 Day residential workshop organized at VSHR,
California (USA) by Kaivalyadhama
by Dr. N. Ganesh Rao
21st to 27th October 2022
Pranayama is one of the most renowned ancient and popular practices of yoga. Its existence dates back to the ancient scriptures like Patanjali Yoga sutra written in 200 B.C. It encompasses one of the most crucial steps of the Ashtanga Yoga. Pranayama is both traditional and scientific technique which balances the mind, body, emotions and the soul ultimately. Its therapeutic benefits have been gaining popularity all over the world, encouraging people from different professions to practice and master the art of Pranayama.
Yoga is an art of establishing “harmony between individual existences with cosmic existence” and Pranayama is an application of this “art” through which one develops an awareness of one’s Prana (vital life force). The soul of Pranayama lays in controlled inhalation, retention and controlled exhalation of the breath. It not only extends and empowers the Prana, but it also refreshes and soothes the vital energy so that the body can harness it.
This is for those with the time and volition to dive deep into the wonders and healing benefits of pranayam. For a shorter introductory retreat please see the long weekend option.
Benefits of Pranayama
- By practicing pranayama one can acquire complete control over one’s body.
- Cures the diseases of Vaata (air), Pitta (bile), Kapha (cough) and enhances the gastric fire in one’s body.
- Regular practice will lead to slimness of the body, lustrous face, clarity of voice, brightness of eyes, freedom from diseases like asthma, sinusitis, hypertension, ischemic heart diseases, indigestion and many
- Helps in the management of reproductive disorders, degenerative diseases like fibromyalgia, reduces the metabolic strain on kidneys and most importantly increases the blood supply to the cortex in the
- Improves one’s mental health and cures many personality
- Pranayama has a tremendous power to revert back the ageing
- It has an inherent power to boost the immune
- It increases one’s confidence and self-esteem, and helps in channelizing positive
- Mastery over the art of Pranayama helps in the purification of the Nadis (channels through which Prana flows), and through determined practice one may also awaken the Kundalini
- When the Prana tends to move along the principle Nadi- Sushumna; the individual starts experiencing higher levels of consciousness, ultimately culminating a transcendental state.
- If one practices Yoga and Pranayama regularly, it can work wonders and reward you with a healthy and positive lifestyle!
About the Facilitator
Dr. N. Ganesh Rao, Chief Advisor – Academics & Training, Kaivalyadhama, with a Doctorate in Philosophy, is a Professor and Ph. D. Guide in Yoga and Philosophy. His never-ending fascination for Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras (PYS) makes him a constant learner and admirer of PYS. Dr. Rao has presented several Papers and written innumerable articles on various facets of PYS. He has shared his in-depth understanding in more than 1500 teaching hours of PYS till date.
Dr. Rao is Director (IYA), Technical Expert (Yoga) for QCI & YCB, an Advisor to and Member of Board of Studies of Kaivalyadhama, a Member of Board of Studies of Sri Sri University, Bhubaneshwar, a Visiting Faculty in K. J. Somaiya University, Mumbai University, Kaivalyadhama (Mumbai and Lonavla), Sri Sri University (Bhubaneshwar), College of Defense Management (Secunderabad), Art of Living, Yoga alliance (USA),….
For further details please visit his website www.ganeshraoyoga.com