Samyama: Practices for Health & Well-being
(Basic and Advanced Practices of Dharana & Dhyana leading to Samadhi)
by Dr. Santosh Pandey
18th to 23rd December 2023
(Check-in: 17th December
Check-out: 24th December)
“Trayamekatra samyamah” (P.Y.S. III: 4): The coherence of Dharana, Dhyana, and Samadhi on the same object is Samyama, which is the stellar practise mode of yoga mentioned in Vibhuti Pada of the Patanjali Yoga Sutra (P.Y.S.).
Interestingly, Vibhutis, the ‘supernormal’ powers, as they are often termed, are considered a natural by-product of one’s yogic journey and are considered a sure sign of success in Antaranga Yoga, as per Patanjali Yoga. Being a part of Vibhutis, the use of Samyama is permissible for health, harmony, and success, while its misuse is usually prohibited. Patanjali has cautioned against indulging in such powers lest they tend to block one’s progress into higher stages of consciousness on the path towards Kaivalya.
Salient Features of the Dharana and Meditational Processes Towards Samyama
- Concepts of Pratyahara, Samapatti, Dharana, and Dhyana as per Patanjali Yoga Sutra (PYS), and the Dharana concept and practise as per Shiva Samhita.
- Understanding the concept and relevance of Samyama for practical purposes in our lives and living.
- It will cover the practical understanding and practises of meditation in various authoritative yogic texts and treatises.
- Emphasis will be laid on the classical mode of Aumkar and other esoteric practises leading towards Samyama.
About the Workshop Topics
- The Philosophical concept of Samyama, based on Yoga Darshana of Patanjali, followed by practises from Shiv Samhita
- “Preparation of body and mind for Dhyana” will be emphasised
- Proper learning of the essence of Aumkar, its origin, its scale, and the correct way of chanting will be taught
- Aumkar dhyana leading to Shunya Sadhana will be practised
- Integrated practise of Aumkar Meditation on Rudraksha
- Daily practise of regular Aumkar meditation
- A detailed explanation of Bahiranga and Antaranga yoga according to the Patanjali Yoga Sutra
- A detailed explanation of kleshas and their role in disease and health
- “Concepts and practises of Yamas and Niyamas and their relevance in Samyama” will be communicated
- Samyama practises lead to internal physical, emotional, and spiritual healing
- Daily lectures on Yoga Darshan and Shiva Samhita, Goraksh Sataka, and Shiv Purana
Dates: 18th to 23rd December 2023
Place: Kaivalyadhama, Lonavala
Medium of Instruction: English
|6:30 to 8:00 am||Asanas (Basic)|
|8:00 to 8:30 am||Breakfast|
|10 am to 12 pm||Samyama Morning Practical Session|
|12:00 to 1:00 pm||Lunch|
|2:00 to 3:45 pm||Optional Therapies (ala carte)|
|4:00 to 6:00 pm||Samyama Evening Practical Session|
|8:00 to 8:30 pm||Chanting and Devotional Sessions|
Dr. Santosh Pandey is currently working as Consultant Naturopath in Health Care Center and will also engage as a Lecturer in G. S. College of Yoga and Cultural Synthesis. He has completed B.N.Y.S, MBA (Hospital Administration), FCSW, Ph. D. scholar; he is also Reiki Grand master level 12, Advance Pranic Healer, certified psychotherapist, PGDIA, and PGDIN. He has been awarded the President’s National award, and has also earned a Gold medal in Yoga and Naturopathy in 2005 awarded by the International Naturopathy Organization in New Delhi, India. He has over 24 years of Clinical experience in treating various diseases by way of Naturopathy, Yoga, and Acupressure & Acupuncture And, he has over 35 years of experience in Chakra meditation. He has extensive knowledge of Yoga therapy & Naturopathy, Wellness & Spa treatments, Basic & Advanced Acupressure healing. He has worked with various Institutes in the areas of Administration, Research & development, Consultation, Supervision, and Managing Operational Planning & Development. Dr. Pandey has participated in the International Conference on Yoga, Naturopathy and Arogya expo-2012 at Bangalore, AYUSH Ministry.
Regarding Registration and Booking –
Once the booking is done, please share the booking reference code at
email@example.com to confirm your participation in the workshop.
Note: The fresh dates will be announced soon.
Please visit the link here for Room Tariffs
Rs. 12,000 per person
- On registering, you will be redirected to the room booking page
- Please book your room to confirm your participation in the workshop
- Once the room booking is done, share the ‘Booking reference number’ at firstname.lastname@example.org to block your seat
- The workshop Fees are to be paid on arrival
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Accommodation and meals
- Cancellation application before 7 days – refund of 75% of the amount paid.
- Cancellation application less than 7 days – no refund.
- Please email cancellation requests to email@example.com. Verbal cancellation requests are not accepted.