Yoga & Ayurveda – A Synthesis
Decoding Yoga through Insights of Ayurveda
by Dr. Aashish Phadke
12th to 18th March 2023
(Check-in: 12th March
Check-out: 19th March)
There is growing awareness regarding the benefits of yoga, especially therapeutic yoga. All over world, people are following yoga in one or other way. Many people either attend yoga classes to learn yoga for themselves while others aspire to become Yoga Teacher & take TTC –Yoga (Teachers training course in Yoga) whereas, some go ahead with training of Yoga Therapy.
In most of these programmes, the focus is on concepts & practices in yoga viz. Asana, Pranayama, Shatkarma, Dhyana etc. Usually these courses are also supplemented with essential knowledge of basic Anatomy & Physiology, Disease symptomatology of Modern Medicine. But there is not much inclusion of Ayurveda in these courses. These courses describe basic concepts of Ayurveda. Students also learn Yoga texts separately. But there is no interactive discussion on why Yoga students/practitioners or Yoga Teachers/Yoga Therapists should know about Ayurveda.
Now days, Individualized Medicine has been discussed by researchers in Modern Medicine. Therapy has to be tailor-made according to the need of that individual. Ayurveda also has similar concept. According to Ayurveda, every person has a specific Prakruti and there is a need to plan that individual’s therapy. Based on this concept, one should think about individualized Integrative Yoga – Ayurveda practices or therapy.
This thoughtfully designed workshop based on a highly analytical approach to empower yourself as either a yoga sadhaka or yoga teacher or yoga therapist by imbibing wisdom of Ayurveda in its application mode.
This is neither a ‘yoga teacher’s training program’, nor is ‘Ayurveda certificate program’ usually taught as a supplementary course in any of the yoga institutions across the globe, rather it is the program on ‘Applied Ayurveda for Yoga’ – ‘Yoga & Ayurveda – a Synthesis’ especially designed for yoga sadhakas, yoga teachers & yoga therapists to empower them.
Benefits of this Workshop
- To know planning of Individualized Yoga practices / yoga teaching / Yoga therapies based on Applied Ayurveda
- To have thorough understanding of Hathayogic texts – through lens of applied Ayurveda
- To get oriented & learn how to do Prakruti Analysis of yourself / your students / your patients
- To know concepts of Integrative Holistic Ayurvedic – Yogic Dietetics
- To know & understand about Swasthavrutta for Yoga Sadhaka / Yoga Teachers / Yoga Therapist in applied way.
- To know about Individualized Yoga practices viz. Asana, Pranayama based on Dosha type
- To understand co-relates between Ayurvedic Panchakarma & Yogic Shatkarma
- To know basic principles of Ayurvedic Therapy & Yoga Therapy
- SWOT Analysis of Ayurvedic treatment Vs Modern Medicine treatment
- Introduction to Ayurvedic Superfoods
We will like to answer, some of the following relevant questions such as –
- Why yogic texts like Hathapradipika, Shiva Samhita or Gheranda Samhita explains about specific diet to be taken by yoga sadhaka in initial phase?
- Why Mitahara mentions about “Susnigdho Madhurahara”? What is its explanation with special reference to understanding of Applied Ayurveda?
- Why Hathayoga gives immense importance to Vata? What is its Ayurvedic connection?
- What may be correlation of Vihara chikitsa of Ayurveda & Yoga?
- What is the concept of Vyayama in Ayurveda? How it can be related to yoga practices?
- How one can identify one’s individualistic body type ( Prakruti ) as per Ayurveda & then plan one’s Ayurvedic – Yogic Diet based on seasonal variation
- How one may understand Yama – Niyama with reference to Sadvrutta?
- What is importance & role of Yoga in Sattvavajaya Chikitsa of Ayurveda?
- Role of Ayurvedic concept of Shadrasa Siddhanta (Six test theory) with specific reference to Dosha (Body humours / Bio forces / Bioenergies) & it’s utility in Yoga practices
- What are the meanings of various terms explained for diseases in Hathayoga texts and it’s correlation with Ayurveda?
- Similarities & Differences between Shatkriya of Yoga & Panchakarma of Ayurveda
Key Inclusion of this Workshop
Who can Participate in this Workshop?
- All yoga sadhaka who practices yoga for themselves, yoga teachers who teaches yoga to their students and yoga therapist who gives therapy to different patients can join this workshop for empowering themselves with new approach of Individualized Yoga Practices.
- All those, having basic knowledge of Yoga, without any introduction to Ayurveda may join it for having a better insight.
- All those with or without basic knowledge of Ayurveda can also join this program. If you have already done some program in Ayurveda, you will know how to apply it, co-relate it with yoga.
- All those who wish to go ahead in the field of research of Applied Yoga or Applied Ayurveda will certainly find it interesting.
- All those who wish to introduce this wonderful unique concept of Individualized Holistic Yoga practices to their Yoga Schools & Yoga Therapy Centres can grab this opportunity.
Dates: 12th to 18th March 2023
Place: Kaivalyadhama, Lonavala
Medium of Instruction: English
Dates: 12th March 2023
Day: Sunday (Arrival / Check-in)
1:00 pm onwards
Registration and room allocation to the delegates
5.00 – 7.00 pm
Introduction with facilitator & delegates Orientation to workshop
7.00 – 8.00 pm
Dates: 13th March to 18th March 2023
Day: Monday to Saturday
5.45 – 6.00 am
6.30 – 8.00 am
Yoga practice session
8.00 – 8.30 am
9.00 – 10.30 am
10.30 – 12.00 noon
12.00 – 1.00 pm
1.00 – 3.00 pm
Free time / Self study
3.00 – 3.30 pm
3.30 – 5.00 pm
5.00 – 6.30 pm
Practical / Question Answer Session
7.00 – 8.00 pm
Dates: 19th March 2023
Day: Sunday (Departure / Check-out)
Dr. Aashish Phadke has successfully completed his graduation B.A.M.S. (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery) (Ayurvedacharya) and M.D.( Ayurveda) (Ayurved Vachaspati) from Mumbai University. He was university rank holder throughout his academic career.
He completed his Ph.D. (Philosophy – Yoga ) from Mumbai University. Title for his thesis was “A Critical examination of Concepts & practices of yoga on test anxiety and memory status of students”. He is M.I.I.M.Gold Medalist from Institute of Indian Medicine, Pune.
He also successfully completed M.S.(Counselling & Psychotherapy) from I.P.M.S., Mumbai
He did his certification in Clinical hypnotherapy from CHII, EKAA – India, HMI (Hypnosis Motivation Institute), California, USA and Society for Clinical and experimental Hypnosis, Indian chapter. He also did certification in Past Life Regression Therapy from EKAA.
Website – www.ayurvision.org
Dr. Aashish Phadke
He has to his credit a number of yoga certificates such as Adv. Dip. In Yoga from Yoga Centre, Dept of philosophy, Mumbai University, Dip. in Yogic Education- (Teachers Training Course in Yoga) from ‘Yoga Vidya Niketan’, Mumbai. He also became M.A.(Philosophy – Yoga ) & Ph.D. (Philosophy – Yoga) from Mumbai University.
Also learnt Reiki healing, Chakra Healing, Aura reading. He is a Reiki Grand Master in Traditional Usui Reiki and Karuna Reiki. He is a Certified Bio Field Viewer ( expert in Aura Photography) from the Centre for Bioenergy Sciences, MIT, Pune, affiliated to Centre for Bioenergy Sciences, UK.
He has to his credit several diplomas and certificates in Management, Languages, Music, Photography, Journalism, Computer Graphics, I.T. and many more. He is a certified Lead Auditor for ISO 9000:2001 Audits from I.R.C.A.( U.K.) and he is a certified resource personnel for ISO 9000:2001 Audits of Health establishments by I.I.Q.M, Jaipur, Govt. of India
He is practicing as Ayurveda – Yoga & Eye Consultant in the name and style ‘Dr. Aashish Phadke’s AYURVISION - Centre for Ayurveda & Panchakarma Therapy’ at Vashi, Navi Mumbai & Vileparle, Mumbai, since last more than 30 years.
He worked as an Ex. Associate Professor and Head, Dept. of Dravyaguna in one of the, YMT Ayurvedic Medical college, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai and was also attached as Ex. Hon. Ayurvedic consultant at Ayurved Research Centre at, Seth G.S. Medical College & KEM Hospital, Parel, Mumbai.
Dr. Phadke is working with number of yoga institutes such as–
- Visiting faculty for Diploma in Yoga, MA Yogashastra & Ph.D.Yogashastra at K.J.Somaiya Institute for Dharma Studies, Somaiya Vidyavihar (Deemed to be University), Mumbai
- Visiting faculty, Dept. of Yogic Sciences, Dr. H.S.Gaur University, Sagour, M.P.
- Ex. Visiting faculty, Yoga Vidya Niketan, Mumbai & Navi Mumbai for TTC Yoga & Yoga therapy
- Ex. visiting faculty, The Yoga Institute, Santacruz, Mumbai
Invited to deliver lectures / seminars / workshops on Ayurveda / Chakra Therapy at Italy, Germany, Netherlands, South Korea & Nigeria
Contributed 4 chapters on yoga, having 22 papers published in national & international journal of Ayurveda, Yoga & Phytomedicine. Presented papers or delivered lectures in number of National & International conferences of Ayurveda & Yoga.
Reviewer of journals like I-JOY( International Journal of Yoga), Yoga Mimamsa, Journal of International Association of Yoga Therapists, Journal of Ayurveda & Integrative Medicine, Indian Journal of Ayurvedic Medicine & Yoga, Indian Drugs, International Journal of Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry.
Regarding Registration and Booking –
For registration, the participants need to book a room first then the booking reference code to be shared at email@example.com to reserve their spot for the workshop. The workshop fee to be paid on arrival.
Note: The fresh dates will be announced soon.
Please visit the link here for Room Tariffs
Rs. 10,000 per person
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Accommodation and meals
- Cancellation application before 7 days – refund of 75% of the amount paid.
- Cancellation application less than 7 days – no refund.
- Please email cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Verbal cancellation requests are not accepted.